Sue's Kitchen Menu

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oh to be Sweet 16 Again..........

Those of you who know me know I am a PIE baker and a COOKIE baker and several other kinds of baker. BUT one thing I don't normally bake is CAKE.......that is until today :)
Here is a cake I made for my friend Tammy's daughter, Terra and her friend Bryce who were having a big Sweet 16 Celebration tonight. Their theme is Candyland so here is a girlie cake complete with Spree candies, suckers, Mike n Ike candies, fondant cut outs, candles spelling their names, spaghetti neon candles and a purple feather to top it off. The cake is vanilla with the base being pink, the middle purple and the topper chartreuse. Buttercream tops it all off.
For all the true cake bakers out there please forgive my imperfections and know that I had fun making it and I hope Terra and Bryce and their friends had fun celebrating their 16th!

1 comment:

  1. Jobie & I love it!! Turned out fantastic and we are sure taste super scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete