Sue's Kitchen Menu

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year Everybody!

A new year means trying new things and I'm always searching for new recipes for delicious goodies to bring to market. Today we had a FRIGID start to the day but our Columbus Winter Farmers' Market was well attended and enjoyed by all. I try to bring things that people can sit and enjoy with a steamy cup of coffee as we have a hospitality area where you can sit a spell and visit.
I'm learning about the lovely little treat called "scones". Yummmmmmmmm! My good friend, Dana Landrum (Landrum Cottage) introduced them to me awhile ago but I only made them a few times. Well, I made them for today's market and they sold out fast! Below is a picture of my cranberry scones slathered with heavy cream ready for the oven. After they come out I drizzle them with a lemon glaze. Wow, these are so heavenly...they melt in your mouth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment