Sue's Kitchen Menu

Monday, June 29, 2009

Red, White and Blue Pies


What a great time of year for fresh fruit pies! The first apples of the year are ready to be picked and the Montmorency tart cherries are coming on as well. I plan to visit the orchard tomorrow to pick some Lodi for my apple pies. Lodis make wonderful applesauce as well as pies and remind me of the old fashioned Transparent apples. There aren't too many of those apple trees around anymore. This week I'll have Cherry pie (RED) Apple pie (WHITE) and Blackberry or Blueberry pie (BLUE) to help celebrate the 4th of July. All you need is ice cream and a fork!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue! Very excited to get one of your large apple pies tomorrow at the WFM. Per my voicemail, please hold one for me. Also... what orchards have Lodi apples now??

    Thank you! Wendy (wdavison at insight dot rr dot com)

    ReplyDelete