Sue's Kitchen Menu

Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple Pie...Its a good thing :)

Wow! The apples are fabulous this year! They are so big my hands get tired from peeling them. If you haven't gone to the orchard this season you must go. I love the Granville Orchard-lots of varieties to pick or already bagged for grab and go. Plus-there's pumpkins, jams and jellies, and country crafts to choose from. Their price is very reasonable ($8/bag if you pick)
I'll be making apple and pecan pies this week, and whatever else floats my boat. Definitely some pumpkin breads, coffeecakes and those yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies :) I may surprise my friends in Westerville and bring the Lemon Pecan Dessert Bread (aka Pastry Lemonade).
I'm working on a monthly newsletter and hope to have the first one out this month.
Remember to come to the outdoor markets-we will be there through October rain or shine, cold or hot, and even an occasional tornado!!

No comments:

Post a Comment