Sue's Kitchen Menu

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Please don't rain tomorrow


I know we need rain for our gardens, flowers and crops but it gets really old when Jym Ganahl says we're going to have rain yet again on Wednesday! It puts a real damper on the spirit of the Farm Market. Even though our steadfast market customers still come see us, the rain keeps less weather resistant, (I'm being politically correct, they're really called "market woosies"), customers from coming.

I am still baking tonight in hopes we won't be rained out for tomorrow's market. I'll have lots of small berry, apple, peach, cherry and strawberrry-rhubarb, and pecan pies and 6 or 8 large pies. Of course I'll have cookies, including Sue's Oatmeal Walnut that everyone's been asking for and I've made some deliciously moist Banana Walnut breads.

So-don't leave us out in the rain! Come to the market and wear your rain slicker and bring your umbrella because we are there rain or shine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment