Sue's Kitchen Menu

Monday, May 10, 2010

Cookies, Pies and Dessert Breads...Oh My!

Who doesn't like Blueberries? Well- I have a great dessert bread for you: Lemon Pecan Blueberry! My kitchen will be filled with such sweet smells when I bake these. I can't wait to wrap them up for the market this week.

I'll cut my rhubarb again this week but my connection called Saturday & I'll be getting 20-30 pounds later this week. Oh baby, oh baby......bring on the strawberry rhubarb pies :)

I haven't been to NYC since last fall but I'm going this weekend to visit my daughter, Sara. of course we will be taking in some more bakeries; taste testing, getting ideas, etc. How fun is that? I'd really like to visit the Cake Boss' bakery in Hobokan-we'll see if we make it there.
Also need to revisit Chelsea Market and Balthazar Bakery. I can't wait!!! More on that next week.

Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes this past weekend...it doesn't hurt that buttercream icing topped them off along with mini sugar daisies.

Come visit us this Wednesday in Westerville. It is supposed to be a beautiful day. Last week you could get fresh asparagus, rhubarb, herbs, lettuce, radishes, jams, cookies, meats, eggs, beautiful flowers, heirloom tomato plants, and my PIES. What a wonderful start to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment