Sue's Kitchen Menu

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Relaxing in Brooklyn


Sunday we decided to relax so we visited Brooklyn Label for brunch (veggie burgers with mixed greens salad-YUM) then strolled the neighborhood near Sara's (Greenpoint area) where we came upon this new cute little bakery called "Cookie Road". I peeked inside and saw a a variety of macaroons and beautifully decorated sugar cookies. I'll have to taste test next time :)
We then went to my favorite grocery, The Garden, for my flavored coffee purchases and purchased items for dinner (fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato and asparagus mini pizzas and fresh fruit cheesecake pie).

Sara also designed a "Sue's Kitchen NYC Brochure" so her friends can order fresh homemade goodies. I hope they order lots of goodies because I have so much fun packaging them and shipping them off. My very first "NYC paying customer" was Steph who said she ate all the cookies herself...oh my!

I also baked some Chocolate Chip cookies to donate for a fundraiser being held to raise money for playground equipment in Guatemala. Sara's good friend, Courtney, has a brother in the Peacecorps and the proceeds help their cause. Its being held tonight and they have donations of artwork, hotels rooms, goodie bags from AE, and more. Sara drew this picture of Courtney's brother with some of the kids so the fundraiser's poster. I hope they have a successful night!

Chocolate Chip Cookies packaged on vintage china






No comments:

Post a Comment