Sue's Kitchen Menu

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Weekend in NYC



Views of Chelsea Market 5/14/2010

When I'm lucky I get to come visit my daughter, Sara, in NYC, which just so happens to be this weekend!! We always check out some of the top bakeries so I can borrow (steal) ideas. Yesterday she had to work so I started out @Union Square Farmers' Market. It was a gorgeous day and there was everything to choose from. I was in need of coffee and a pastry so I purchased a HUGE blueberry scone (only $1.50) then found some Apricot Almond Biscotti ($2.50 for 6). I headed over to Starbucks to enjoy my finds but I was quickly disappointed :( The scone was dry and tasteless and the biscotti was SOFT-whoever heard of a soft biscotti?? In the trash they went and I took off for Chelsea Market. In the meantime I saw a famous person! I have no idea what his name is but I know he's been in comedies.

Chelsea Market is where the Food Network is taped (upstairs) and where wonderful specialty shops are located. Its a must-see for a foodie like me. I visited Ruthy's, Amy's Breads, Eleni's Cupcakes, SaraBeth's Kitchen, Fat Witch Brownie shop, the BoweryKitchen (where chefs go to buy anything and everything), and had lunch at Friedman's Lunch. I don't know if the fried green tomato w/blue cheese on whole wheat was worth $10 but it was good. I kept an eye open for Bobby Flay but he didn't show :(

After visiting my Sara and her pals at work we took off to Wild Wood BBQ for some ribs and all the trough of sides. The sweet hickory BBQ aroma pulls you in the restaurant and is hypnotic!! After dinner we got Pomegranate and Mango yogurt @ Pinkberry (YUM!) with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and dark chocolate crisps-what a way to end the day!! We had a ball with Crystal and Helen-both foodies likes us! I miss you both!

In the evening we chillaxed and relived Betty White's "Muffin" skit from last week's SNL-what a riot. More fun tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment